Saturday, June 30, 2012

6/28/12 Out and about in the market and town

Today we had a hearty breakfast of quesadilla and eggs then marched down to the town square then onto the market. The rich smells tantalized my senses - fresh fruits and vegetables, mole of all colors, sweet pastries - then came the meat section. Oh No! I thought I was going to lose my breakfast:-( Quickly moving on we headed onward to Santa Doming's Church and the museum



Which offers a great selection of artifacts from the Mixtecs and the Zapatecs - two of the earliest groups of indigenous people to inhabit Mexico.

Check out this information about these fascinating people. http://www.houstonculture.org/mexico/oaxaca_cultures.html

These two groups will be the focus of my time in Mexico for my curriculum to share with everyone.

No comments: